So where do I start? When I saw that Kylie Cosmetics had restocked a few weeks ago, I immediately jumped on the oportunity to get my hands on some lip kits. I have always been fascinated by Kylie & Kendall, as they have such a strong cult following, and represent very different things about today's society.
I jumped online and got myself Kourt K and Koko K from Kylie Cosmetics, and though the price was a little steep ($66 with shipping) I was STOKED.
The product shipped the next day, and arrived within three business days in a super cool box that has the dripping logo around the edges. Check out the contents inside the box above!
First of all, I totally love the packaging. From the minimalism of Kylie's lips on the box, also displaying the color of the lip kit, to the actual tubes and pencils that come with, it is beautiful, and feels expensive, which is important when paying so much for a product.
That being said, I don't think the prices are ridiculous, considering how much I pay for a singular MAC lipstick every now and then.
Above, you see me with the Kourt K liner, and below with the liquid lipstick. Above, you can see that the liner is AMAZING. It goes on really easily, and stays on, looking like a one stop shop for color, if you want it to be.
When I go to put on the lipstick over it, I have a weeeee bit of trouble. Because it is liquid, it sometimes bleeds out over the liner if I am not careful, and I don't have the steadiest hands in the world. That being said, it dries really well, and leaves a beautiful color that will be perfect for winter and fall.
Koko K is my favorite of the two kits. It is super close to my natural lip color, but gives my lips a fuller look without all of the fillers and nonsense. Like the other kit, the liner is the best part, as it goes on so well, and looks great on its own. The lipstick does really well also, but be sure not to rub your lips together before it is dry, because it smudges super easily!
- The smell is awesome. Reminds me of this cake lipgloss I had in middle school, super nostalgia right there!
- The product lasts a long time. I have found that when I eat it doesn't chip or fade! Other matte lipsticks I have tend to flake off mid day, but this really does seem to last a bit longer.
- The lip liner is INSANELY good. I am really obsessed. Like, really...
- It is highly pigmented, so the color really only takes one swipe to appear immediately.
- The name. We pay for the name, Kylie. This product has that name. WOO!
- I would recommend this product. When buying, try to get more than one, so then the shipping is more worth it to pay for :)
So, like every product, there are some cons. Check out this list...
- The lipstick is WICKED hard to get off without essentially exfoliating your lips. See that wipe down there? See how much is still on my lips?!
- After about 5 hours, the product does begin to flake. I take really good care of my skin, and exfoliate/chapstick regularly, so I don't have a huge problem with it looking weird on my lips, but for someone who is looking for long wear, remember every lipstick needs some touch ups!
- The formula IS less than ColourPop, but costs more. That being said, you're paying for the name, so get over it, or don't!